Thursday, June 19, 2008

Travel: the list

Our subject matter for the daily writing prompts this week is travel and today’s writing prompt is about: what you take with you on a journey.

What do you take? What’s essential and what’s not

Here’s some on my list:

An Englishwoman can’t go anywhere without tea, so the first thing I pack is my teabags. Sometimes I’ll pack milk in a thermos to keep it cool and a teapot as well, especially if going abroad where teapots aren’t usual.
I always take a picnic kit too. It’s much cheaper to buy the makings of sandwiches than the made sandwiches, but you invariably need a knife to cut up the bread, and picnic plates, paper napkins etc. are all very useful for a successful family lunch out.
I take a small towel and/or teatowel – someone’s bound to get wet the minute the family goes near the sea or water of any kind
Anti-mosquito spray and suncream are absolutely essential as I react badly if bitten (and am allergic to most antibiotics) and since I got badly sunburned in Pompeii one year, I never tan, just come up in heat bumps, so I need a high factor suncream….

No comments: