Sunday, April 6, 2008

The song that's stuck in your head...

Sometimes, when I find a new song, I play it again and again. I just can’t get enough of it.

And you know when a song gets stuck in your head? Those lyrics just dominate your thoughts! When something affects you as strongly as this, write those lyrics down.
  • Think about what the lyrics are saying and why they mean something to you
  • Write another verse for the song
  • Take the title of the song and just freewrite – see what other thoughts, emotions and phrases come out when you think about just that title
Trying to keep up with you
And I don't know if I can do it
from "Losing my religion" by REM
Journalling: I do try to keep up with myself a lot. I don't need anyone to keep up with, there's no "keeping up with the Joneses". I drive myself, sometimes past my strength and past the sensible point. I work too hard, and try to fit too much in, and to be a great wife and mother, and I'm always trying to be a better person... Just now I am suffering the consequences of this. Driving myself to work so hard - and I've been ill for over a month. I didn't spend enough time on myself keeping fit and healthy. I hope I've learned my lesson and I won't do it again...

No comments: